Thursday, 12 August 2010

Mary





Based on a life drawing, and basically just doodling swirly patterns. I think it suggests something about daydreaming/imagination/escapism.

I did this yesterday with the intention of submitting it to Papergirl - an exhibiton Nexus Art Cafe are running, then all the works are rolled up and distributed by paperboys/girls on bicycles - but I just couldn't let it go. The concept of Papergirl is brilliant, but the reality is, someone might just throw it in the bin, and I can't stand the thought of that.

Shaun really liked it too, so we just stuck it on the back of his bedroom door and kept it there.

2 comments:

  1. Could you not make a really good print of it and submit that instead? Awesome drawing by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could if I wasn't going away for 2 weeks tomorrow, or the deadline was later than September 1st! Ah well!

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete