Friday, 24 September 2010

It's good to be back.


First week of Second Year Embroidery. Honestly, the more time I spend in that studio, the more thrilled I am to be on the course. I love it, there's nothing I'd rather be doing. It's scary to think that I will at some point have to fly the Embroidery nest and try to make a living in the Real World.

We had a week-long cross-course project, just to get everyone warmed up and break the ice a bit. The theme was gloves. I got thinking about beekeeping gloves, and consequently, our tragic dying bees. I love bees, but they are sadly in decline in the UK. We need our bees. Help









In other news...
1) I really love that song about the tiger in The Hangover, I have been singing it all day. It reminds me of the 'Peter You Suck' song in Forgetting Sarah Marshall, which has been hanging around in my brain too. I wish I could play the piano.

2) I love busting badass disco moves with my pal Rosa at punk gigs. Acid Drop 's tunes have been making me very happy since I bought their CD.

3) I hate commuting. I don't know why I haven't hated it for the past 2 years. I have developed a wonderful system of avoiding said commute. It's called 'Pretty Much Living at Shaun's House During the Week.' It makes us happy.

4) Courtney makes awesome elephant gloves.

5) Shaun bought me two bunches of roses. Red and yellow. He's a proper sweetie. I love him.

1 comment: