Thursday, 24 November 2011

Rabbit Gymnastics - work in progress

New work from this week. The figures are based on life drawings of contortionist Iona at Dr Sketchy's last month, hence the weird poses! I decided to give them rabbit heads and stripey, circus-style costumes, and construct a stage for them from thin plywood with velvet curtains. I like this play between the drawn and the constructed, unreal and real - it's something I'm consistently playing with in my work these days. Layering is also really important - little things like adding real tulle for the skirt on the rabbit at the front - and I'm taking this forward working with photographs of this setup, rather than adding to the real thing.

Time to get back into collage and resume my love affair with photocopying...

No comments:

Post a Comment